Sarah has taken pity on me after 3 days of tolerating the miserable, tired and sore throaty husband that refuses to get out of bed. The nausea makes it difficult for me to fancy anything, so when asked, the best I can suggest are illicit substances such as bacon and pasties. Selling her soul to the devil, she ignores "indisputable research" on the carcinogenic effects of red meats and makes a special trip to the wonderful Canterbury House in B-o-A, returning home with a marvellous looking, hand crafted pork pie just for me.
I'm made up - it must be love! ... but here comes the sod... my mouth is on fire. I have ulcers upon ulcers, my tongue looks like a raw sausage wrapped in a thick yellow candida blanket which I hose down with hourly gargles of sea water. The very last thing I fancy is food!
On the plus side, I feel a lot brighter for having just written the above in a not feeling too sorry for myself way and... Sarah now has a trio of pekin bantams.
The buff pekin bantam adorning my arm in my profile picture is no longer, having found poor Rosie stiff (but leaving no other explanation as to her untimely demise) one morning. Taking pity on the lonely cockerell Jack, we quickly bought him a young black pekin (Cilla) for company. She is cute, friendly but small and complained of sexually harassment. So now we have Rosie II (another buff) to deflect Jack's intensions and the garden is, once again, a happy place. Just mind where you tread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pork Pie, at the right moment is the food of kings! The birds look great Phil, have you thought of stashing some eggs in the hen house to encourage them? Cheers Martyn
ReplyDeletePork Pies are, indeed the food of Kings. They fall in to the same category as Scoth Eggs for me...I'm still reeling from Jack not being Oscar... ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, and I'm sure it is love.... no doubt.
Never mind pork pies - those chickens look tasty to me...
ReplyDeletehmmm....don't think I'll eat sausages for a while now!!!
ReplyDeleteHope you pick up soon honey.xxx