At my consultation with the oncologist last week, there was mention of a 6mm legion on the liver. She was pretty confident that this is a cyst and is apparently quite common on the liver and resolved to check further. We then got into the horrors of chemotherapy and this whole procedure dominated my mind. In fact the legion didn't even get a mention in my blog that day.
I had a call from the hospital yesterday: They want to do a further MRI scan of the liver to check the legion - can I come tomorrow (Thursday)? I'm assured that there is nothing to worry about and they just want to be sure.
But it was not a good night - Sarah and I locked horns over some tiny stuff and it is now clear how difficult it is to follow the not to worry advise. However, this morning, I am feeling positive. I have had a couple of nice email exchanges with a couple of good friends and I am firmly living in the now and am mindful that today's test is not to be worried about. The future outcome can wait for another day, but for now....
It'll be a bit rhhhr!-rhhhr!-rhhhr!-rhhhr!-rhhhr! .... rahr!-rahr!-rahr!-rahr!-rahr!-rahr! .... rhhhr!-rhhhr!-rhhhr!-rhhhr!-rhhhr! once I have entrusted my body to the donut shaped machine which resembles a weird combination of space technology and medical white, cleanliness. Bloody noisy, but at least it doesn't hurt. I don't think I'll bother taking a CD in with me this time - the headphones are too crap and it's far too noisy for your favourite tunez to be of any relaxation benefit at all.
It's reassuring to remind oneself - all I have to deal with is today.
--
I have now starting catching up on some more notes from hospital. I know it's difficult to find new stuff that's not at the top of the blog, but if you want to read up more hospital stuff, I suggest you click August from the right hand column (Blog Archive) and read up from the bottom, starting from where you left off.
Thursday, 24 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, all you have to deal with is today. Even just this moment. Even just this instant. Inst at a time. Nige
ReplyDelete