Lots of you have asked how I am doing (thanks).
I'm now in the middle of chemotherapy cycle 5 and, quite frankly, feeling pretty rough. The mind is willing, but the body feels well knackered. I've felt extremely tired since Monday and have spent most of the week resting in bed on and off. I drove into hospital today to have my central line flushed - which felt like a Herculean effort. The sister gave me a good check over and is satisfied that I am not coming down with anything. Increasing tiredness is very common as chemo progresses - I just need to take it easy to make sure I don't catch anything when my immune system is weak.
Looking forward to picking up a bit as the weekend approaches.
Thursday, 3 December 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Felt a lot better on Friday. Had a walk with a man and his dog and generally felt that I'm on the up. By the evening I got very tired again and started feeling some other side effects creeping in (sore mouth, upset tummy) so went to bed early... Only trouble is I seem to have woken up a bit too early. Been tossing and turning for what seems like hours before finally giving in to a fix of hot cocoa (good) and the laptop (bad).
ReplyDelete